How long does it take to create a cut out Collector Box?
For the #paperninjasquad full body paper cut outs, it takes about 5 hours to create them--start to finish.
- The process begins with conversations over phone, email and/or text about what is wanted as well as receiving reference images. (15 mins)
- After receiving reference images, I begin creating the digital illustration of the ninja or individual. This time can vary and is based on the complexity of the character. (90 mins+)
- Templates are created as I decide how I am going to layer the paper. (60 mins)
- Colored pieces of paper are selected and cut to size to place on cutting mat. (20 mins)
- A cutter is used to cut out the unique shapes required to create the portrait. (20 mins)
- Weeding or removing the necessary pieces from the cutting happens next. (20 mins)
- Portrait assembly begins. (60 mins+)
- Once completed, framing begins as the creation is placed in a shadow box. (15 mins)
- The Papercut Ninja logo and signature applied on to the glass. (60 mins)
- The portrait is packed into the shipping box.
- The package is shipped out to you.
Cut It Out
Like what you see? Would you like a paper cut out of yourself? A family member? Or a friend?